Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope everyone is having a good day! I have been working on my house and laundry.... (story of all of our lives I know) I should be working with Andrew on his schooling.... He needs ALOT of work!!:>)
Mariah came home from school yesterday and told me she voted. She said she voted for someone named Murock... I about fell over!!! I was like oh you did? She said yeah. I asked her if they had told her about someone named John Mc Cain too, and she said yeah they did. It was sooo funny!! I told her, well Mommy & Daddy wouldn't vote for him... and explained some things to her. (I had told her that he thought it was ok for people to kill babies while they were in their mommys tummy if they didn't want them) She set there for a minute and asked, "does he think it's ok to kill little girls"? That kinda broke my heart.... We told her no he wouldn't do anything like that, And that he personally didn't kill the babies, but he thought it was ok for people to do that if they wanted to. She said, I'M NOT VOTING FOR HIM!! We hadn't talked about it a whole lot in front of the kids so she was totally lost when that subject came up!!!:>)
Well I need to get Andrew some lunch.... he thinks he's starving,
So I'll talk to you later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi said that they were voting as well. I asked her who she was voting for and she said McCain. We have been very open that we are and I assume that is where she heard it. She said all the kids were voting for Obama except her and one other. How sad!

Anonymous said...

We sorta had the same deal come up on Sunday with Kevin. I'll have to blog about it. It broke my heart to have to tell him about abortion and see the tears in his eyes. But it's the truth now days, and we can't avoid knowing about it.

Nettie Beard said...

Hmmm... maybe "Murrock" is a better choice than what is already out there. Tee hee. I had to laugh. (Until I read the rest of the story).

Lisa said...

Megan voted the other day but she had asked us about it before they had voted. So when she told me she had voted for McCain I asked her why. She was quiet for a minute and said something like "Isn't that who you wanted". She said that McCain won at her school.

Amber O said...

My kids had to vote at school too. They thought since McCain won at school that he was the president for sure...lol! Politics is a little confusing for kids but I guess it helps them learn.

Unknown said...

That was so cute....

Don't know what we might be in store for now....

See ya Sunday!!!!!!

Megalamode said...

I had to laugh at your and Lisa's stories. Poor little Mariah, I'm sure that broke her little heart. I don't really understand why Obama was so much more attractive to the youth of America... McCain has a daughter named Meghan, who wrote a book called, "My Dad, John McCain" (at least I think that's what it's called), and it tells the story about him being a POW and has very cool illustrations. Maybe if that would have been more widely distributed, it would have been a different story. Also, I am not looking forward to explaining abortion to Aurora and Jocelyn..